Experts suggest that it may help to write down 10 No Longer Acceptables (NLA) in your life. By identifying them, you can more clearly see how and why these behaviors should be eliminated. What are some common NLAs that continue to disrupt otherwise great plans for change? Sometimes they are manifested in negative attitudes, such as a lack of confidence or a tendency to procrastinate. You may even find that some actions like sleeping late or overeating have compromised your new plan. Sometimes NLAs may come in the form of a negative person challenging your goals or laughing at your dreams. In this case, it’s not necessary to cut out the person from your life entirely. (Though in extreme cases of abuse, naturally, it may be an option.) Rather, it is to avoid that line of discussion. NLAs may even turn out to be objects that waste too much of your valuable time.
You know what your No Longer Acceptables are. They are an addiction that continues to taunt you, robbing you of joy and silencing your most enthusiastic resolves. Now that you have identified them, what does it take to get rid of these negative factors? One method of defense is the Pareto Principle, which teaches that 80% of your return should be based on 20% effort. If you apply this rule in your everyday life, then you will save time and energy, maximizing your results. Considering that most people have this logic the other way around (80% effort for 20% return), this puts you in an advantage. Considering your personal life or business in this context may cause you to reevaluate your schedule. Finally, stay focused on your goals. You are not predestined to a life of misery and failure. You can decide to start living and pursuing all the things that make you happy. Realizing that you have limited space and that the No Longer Acceptables do not fit into your plans (think consolidation!), you will find your road to success a much lighter path.
Learn what separates winners from whiners and make plans to start winning in life. Start today by making a list of what is not going to be acceptable in your life any longer. After you made your life, take action on getting those out of your life – permanently. Enjoy how much better you feel and how much more successful you are as a result of getting rid of these things.