Richard Weylman sent out the below tips that I agree with and thought were put in a very succinct manner.
If we’re honest, we would all like to be more productive and profitable. The question is, how do we get there? Here are some basic principles to consider:
1. Stop saying you don’t have enough time. Everyone has 24 hours in a day, so why are others able to accomplish so much more than you are? Re-evaluate how you spend your time and set new priorities. We always seem to have enough time to do the things we want to do!
2. Focus on the outcome you want to see. Keeping your “eye on the prize” makes it easier to endure any discomfort you have to experience to get there.
3. Focus on what you value most. Everyone has one thing that is more important to them than anything else. Structure everything you do around and toward that. For advisors, it should be meeting potential clients and bringing them on board.
4. Learn to say “no” to things that fall outside of your priorities.
5. Before you leave work each afternoon, compile a list of the top 6 (or 8 or 10) things you need to accomplish the next day.
If you don’t make time to grow now you won’t have time to recover later!
How will you apply these tips in your life to be even more successful?