The choices we make, or do not make, have a great impact on our businesses and personal lives. The ‘right’ choices lead to large amounts of revenue, a simpler and more balanced life, and a greater sense of fulfillment. Poor choices tend to create less cash, frustration, a complicated and out of balance life, feelings of being overwhelmed, and a sense that one is operating far below their true potential. The benefits of these choices are usually very clear, yet it often seems that the people who make and stick to these sometimes obvious choices are in the minority.
The 6 positive choices:
- A choice of self-reliance. It has always amazed me when a person says that they would attend a seminar, a training course, or workshop provided they can get someone else to pay for it. Make a choice to pay your own way and take TOTAL responsibility for your success or failure.
- A choice to have a comprehensive, long-range business plan.
Do you understand the difference between a business plan, a marketing plan, and a sales plan?
- A choice to take more time off.
Eddie Bauer has a powerful advertising slogan: “Never confuse having a career with having a life.” Make it your mantra.
- A choice to be paid what you are worth.
Stop giving your services and value for less than they are worth. It’s time.
- A choice to be on the path of continuous improvement.
Everyone has a next level. We live in a world that changes rapidly. This means that you become comfortable learning, growing and continuously improving.
- A choice to be clear about what you do, what you don’t do, and do only what you do well.
A person I met says, “I am very good at what I do because I only do what I am very good at.” This is a very smart way to live.
The 6 choices never made or not made soon enough:
- Failure to recognize that what got you from where you were to where you are today may not be the best way to get from where you are today to where you want to be in the future. (Failure to change.)
- Failure to write your book (or at least articles).
A book (articles) may be the best credibility tool in your entire marketing strategy. You might be able to write the foreword to a book you really enjoy and leverage that resource as if it was your own.
- Failure to implement well.
Will Rogers once said, “Even if you’re on the right track you will still get run over if you just sit there.” There are no secrets in business.
- Failure to master the referral interview.
All prospecting and marketing other than referrals should be temporary.
- Failure to master the art of delegation.
If you are only going to do what you are very good at then you have to hire people who are very good at the other things. Hiring well and delegating is a skill that all serious business people must develop.
- Failure to align your choices and your target market with your values.
In closing, I suggest you create an informal, honest self-evaluation. Simply rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 in each of the 12 areas we have discussed and then begin to make incremental improvements. “The truth will set you free” is not just a Biblical reference, it’s the truth. Be honest with yourself and make a commitment to make the choices that will propel you to your highest level of success.
Check out the complimentary high- content web classes by going to https://accountabilitycoach.com/free-articles/free-webinars/.
Begin with the 30-day Path to Success Program to help you create the systems necessary for you to achieve your goals so you can experience an even more balanced and successful life by going to https://accountabilitycoach.com/programs/30-day-self-study-course/.
© Anne M. Bachrach. All rights reserved.
Anne M. Bachrach is known as The Accountability Coach™. She has over 23 years of experience training and coaching. Business owners and entrepreneurs who utilize Anne’s proven systems and processes work less, make more money, and have a more balanced and successful life. Anne is the author of the books, Excuses Don’t Count; Results Rule!, and Live Life with No Regrets; How the Choices We Make Impact Our Lives, No Excuses!, and The Work Life Balance Emergency Kit. Join the FREE Silver Inner Circle Membership today and receive 10% off on all products and services, in addition to having access to assessments and high-value resources to help you achieve your goals so you can experience a more balanced and successful life (https://accountabilitycoach.com/coaching-store/inner-circle-store/). Get Your Free High-Content Book from Amazon today: 10 Power Tips for Getting Focused, Organized, and Achieving Your Goals Now, by going to https://www.amazon.com/Power-Getting-Focused-Organized-Achieving-ebook/dp/B01GIL5WJ8/