In my work with business professionals, I find that they often say to me that they have prospects that they haven’t followed up with (for whatever reason), or they lost track of some of the referrals people gave them. First of all, it’s hard to believe that someone wouldn’t have a process for tracking their referrals/prospects because that is potential revenue – but apparently this happens and probably more than it should. So, I came up with a simple tracking spreadsheet to help my clients better know who they have in their pool of prospects so they know where they are at in their pipeline, and they don’t lose anyone (or drown them) on the way.
Below are some stats which you may find very interesting about following up with prospects/referrals. I’m curious what you think about these percentages.
- 48% of Sales People Never follow up with a Prospect
- 25% of Sales People Make a Second Contact and Stop
- 12% of Sales People Only Make Three Contacts and Stop
- Only 10% of Sales People Make More Than Three Contacts
- 2% of Sales are made on the First Contact
- 3% of Sales are made on the Second Contact
- 5% of Sales are made on the Third Contact
- 10% of Sales are made on the Fourth Contac
- 80% of Sales are made on the fifth to the Twelfth Contact
Source: National Sales Executive Associates
To download my complimentary referral tracking spreadsheet to help you increase your revenue, go to /referral-tracking-workbook/