Bryan Clayton is CEO and co-founder of GreenPal which is an online marketplace that connects homeowners with Local lawn care professionals. GreenPal has been called the “Uber for lawn care” by Entrepreneur magazine and has over 100,000 active users completing thousands of transactions per day.
Before starting GreenPal Bryan founded Peachtree Inc. one of the largest landscaping companies in the state of Tennessee growing it to over $10 million a year in annual revenue before it was acquired by Lusa holdings in 2013.
Here are some questions I asked Bryan that you will benefit from by listening to his answers:
- Tell us what specifically was the single most important activity you did to go from zero revenue to descent profitability, and how long did that take you?
- Did persistence play a role in your success? If so, how did persistence help you?
Bryan said: Learning more from your mistakes than your success is what is going to carry you forward. Moving from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm is what it takes to be even more successful.
- How can a small business owner outsource certain tasks to cut costs and make their business more profitable?
- What sort of mental mindset do you think it will it take to grow your business no matter what the economic climate might be?
- How do you maintain the necessary mindset continue to grow your business over time?
- How important is consistently applying effective time management to the business owner and everyone the team?
Bryan said: You get exactly the company you deserve. You have to have inner confidence.
- How do you manufacture and keep momentum?
Bryan said: Distilling down as to what are the activities that you and your team members are going to need to do on a daily basis to get to the goal(s) is an exercise that few business owners do through. Then holding everyone accountable to actually getting these activities done that they agreed to do is another thing that can be uncomfortable for business owners. He and his team have weekly stand-ups that help with goals and accountability.
- How does the business owner maintain their focus on their highest payoff activities only, so they can achieve their goals?
Bryan offered a free quote on your lawn maintenance. Head over to https://www.yourgreenpal.com/ and get your free quote today. His firm is like Uber for lawn care.
You can find my interview with Bryan at https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/accountabilitycoach.com/id290547573 and https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/id305208343, and on most podcast platforms and in most English-speaking countries.
Subscribe and get notified every time a new episode is released.
Get your daily Accountability Minute shot of a single, simple, doable idea, so you can start your day off on the “right foot”, subscribe to it based on your country.
The Accountability Minute on Amazon’s Alexa in the USA: https://www.amazon.com/Accountability-Minute-Anne-Bachrach/dp/B07F5H2KGB
The Accountability Minute on Alexa in Canada: https://amzn.to/2MpvUmx
The Accountability Minute on Alexa in Australia: https://amzn.to/2vQqI4i
The Accountability Minute on Alexa in UK: https://amzn.to/2MayU9v